Everything You Wanted to Know About Fat Transfer Procedures
Fat transfer procedures are growing in popularity. “Also known as fat grafting, these plastic surgery procedures are being requested more often at our Yorkville clinic,” says Dr. Ali Adibfar, one of the best plastic surgeons in Toronto. “More men and women are opting for fat grafting because it’s a safe procedure that delivers incredible, long-lasting results.”
What is Fat Grafting?
The procedure is quite simple. Our team of plastic surgery specialists will transfer fat from areas where you have excess fat, such as the outer thighs, abdomen and back and inject it into areas that you want more volume, such as your face, hands, breasts and even buttocks.
When performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon, this highly targeted procedure can deliver beautifully natural results that make you look and feel younger.
Why Should I Consider Fat Grafting?
Men and women may opt to undergo a fat grafting procedure for many different reasons. Some of the most common reasons people seek this revolutionary treatment at our Toronto medical centre is when the person:
- Has facial creases
- Has sunken cheeks
- Has lost volume on the face
- Is seeking more permanent results
- Wants more volume in their buttocks
- Wants to enhance their body contour and shape
- Is looking for a long-lasting way to rejuvenate their body
- Has a desire to get back their youthful appearance
What are the Benefits of Fat Grafting?
Aside from the procedure being extremely safe, effective and life changing, there are many unique benefits that include:
- When you use your own fat (what we call autologous fat) to add volume or redefine a body’s contours, there is no chance of allergic reactions. This is because you are using a substance that your body knows. This is a main reason why some patients choose fat grafting over dermal fillers, which can be considered a foreign substance.
- The results are natural looking, customizable and long-lasting.
- It is a minimally invasive method, commonly performed under local anesthetic that can truly redefine a person’s beauty, appearance and confidence.
What Should You Know About Fat Grafting Before Making a Decision?
While fat grafting is a highly effective plastic surgery procedure that has and continues to redefine people’s appearances, it might not be for everyone. Before making your decision, you might want to know that fat grafting:
- Takes longer in comparison to dermal fillers.
- Often costs more than dermal fillers.
- Might need to be done over multiple sessions depending on the amount of volume you are searching for.
Am I a Good Candidate for Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting is used as a way to augment, fill or add volume to areas that are volume deficient. Whether it’s your lips, hands, face, buttocks or breasts, fat grafting requires that you have areas where excess fat can be taken. Depending on your goals and needs, we’ll review your entire medical history and body composition and determine if fat grafting can deliver the results you expect.
Can Fat Grafting Deliver the Results I want?
Are you unsure whether fat grafting can address the issues you’re experiencing? Let’s take a look at how this revolutionary procedure can benefit common areas of concern.
Facial fat grafting can:
- Decrease the appearance of facial creases, lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Reduce the appearance of scars, sunken lips and volume-deficient cheeks
- Minimize forehead wrinkles and facial indentations
Fat grafting for breast augmentation can:
- Modestly increase the size and volume of your breasts
- Deliver a naturally harmonized appearance
Fat grafting for breast reconstruction can:
- Minimize the appearance of scars, defects or other marks
- Help reconstruct a breast following a mastectomy
Fat grafting to augment your buttock can:
- Help you achieve a more natural, fuller buttock
- Create sexier contour
- Deliver a more curvaceous figure that enhances your overall appearance
Rejuvenating the hands with fat grafting can:
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, veins and tendons by adding volume to hands that may look old, veiny, and frail
Fat Grafting’s Wide Array of Benefits and Applications
It’s pretty evident that fat grafting can deliver a wide variety of benefits. “Whether it’s a person looking to add volume to their lips for a more sexy pout or a person who wants to add volume to their buttock, fat grafting is a very versatile plastic surgery procedure that can be tailored to a specific patient’s needs,” explains Dr. Adibfar, the medical director of Toronto’s top medical spas.
“Because fat grafting has so many different applications and benefits, our team will review the options available to you and determine which approach will deliver the best results.”